Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Lone Tree


Standing forever tall and alone
 Amidst the canyons of red sandstone
Devoid was I, of all leaves green
The land was barren, yet the setting was serene

Glided in Father Winter with his troops of frost
In this ocean of white, how easily would one get lost!
On one gloomy day, all around me a land of ice
Landed on my bough, this bird of Paradise

 A beautiful creation of God, exuding radiance and grace
From its kind heart sprung a song, thawed my frostbit face
An eclectic symphony, a haunting melody
Spoke of love, adoration, friendship and life's parody

Hours flew, unabated the music flowed
Gave me a new hope, a silver lining in the dark cloud
A wood heart I had been, now I could feel my innards soften
I wished this angel from heaven would grace my abode once too often

Each day she returned with songs filled with nectar
I realized she cared, my born-again heart was at her altar
But then I knew she had nothing from me to gain
No bliss, no peace, I would give her only pain

True came my fears, on yet another stormy night
When my frail branches could not hold her tight
Disillusioned, with a broken heart, she took flight
Not to be seen for many a age, try how much I might

I still stand there, an old, bald and lonely tree
Waiting for fate to deal a kind hand and set me free
Life has never been the same for even the minutest moment
What remains is a mere shell and oodles of torment!

No comments:

Post a Comment