Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Road Not Taken!




Miles of asphalt stretch on, seemingly without an end
Up ahead the long, tiring road has a visible bend
The trees are lovely, tall, cool and green 
But otherwise not a single soul  to be seen

The wind in my hair, the cool breeze and fresh air
These are my companions for the road so bare
I wonder what lies at the mysterious other end
Will I dare to break away from this trend?

Time alone will tell whether i was right 
To take a road not taken ... in hindsight!
I listened to my heart not to my head 
There are thorns  with petals on this chosen bed 

I plod on... stoic that I am; a braveheart 
With the unflinching support of my dear sweetheart
The means do matter as much as the end
There is no smooth highway without a bend

Life may be tougher but my choices are made 
Never will I allow my happiness to be waylaid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment