Friday, November 4, 2011

An Ode To A Friend





My heart said this is an omen
That we are meant to be friends


There's a pain in my heart
As we plan to part
 Every time we meet

The feeling is so sweet

Try as I might I can't stay apart
This has to be more a science than an art
You make me smile
You make me forget awhile

Time stands still, a light switch flicks
Just the sober lone clock holds true, it ticks
This is being in the now, in the present
This is giving someone, a gift so pleasant

Let us hope I bring you luck
May all your ills you chuck
May we light up our lives this festival time
More than crackers, let's give ourselves time

To bloom and blossom these beautiful buds
Lets make a pact to shake ourselves out of those duds
Let us spend our time re-energizing
Let us become more enterprising

We make a good sounding board
As mutual fans we'll never feel bored
I'm at home with you

I trust you

Good is my fortune for having found
A heart of gold, a mind so profound
With you I feel almost a child again
A new life, a new day as I begin

Now you promise me my friend
That you will never let me go...
Let us sink or swim..
Tide be high or low ...

No comments:

Post a Comment