Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Little Angel!



The curly haired girl stands with a sweet smile
Writ large on her face is happiness no guile

Never has she owned a barbie doll
Never has she had ice cream in a mall
Yet this innocent stands proud and tall
Through all seasons ....winter or fall!

From her cherubic face framed by curls
Radiates an innocence, a bliss that swirls
Appeals to me as I see her bright, cheerful, smile
It causes me to forget my worries for a while

Those little eyes and that lovely smile, show her joy and hope
Those brows never frown, she will not sit and mope
Truly I wish for such children all the very best
For their lives are a never ending test

This one will emerge as one of the best
She will learn to work without a rest
There are less fortunate ones souls
Who chose the sad begging bowls

But this valiant girl knows hard work will pay
She will be sure to meet success half way!!

1 comment: