Monday, April 16, 2012

Gratitude



God, I am grateful for the chance to bask in the sunshine of another glorious day,
Lord,I am glad to be alive to walk among the trees and spy the birds chirping away!
I am happy to sit sipping coffee in my armchair in the bright glare of a lazy Saturday .......
What a feeling of contentment to wake up and see the ceiling still stay up there!!!!

Relieved I am that the roof didn't fall down during the night
When I fell asleep  staring at it, imagining it crack in a quake as it might!
Morbid fancies you may say... but still I'm mighty thrilled;
It was in a dreamless sleep that I drowned, without being killed!!

Not in the sweltering currents of an unyielding wall of water
Not suffocated till my last fighting breath is snuffed out in a slaughter..
By the cold, muddy torrents of an ugly, ferocious, unrelenting, uncaring killer wave...
That wipes out miles and pulls all life into a deep watery grave!

Again thanks be to you O Divine Power for your protection....
I am not afraid but I am glad to be living to see a new beautiful day - almost resurrection!

No comments:

Post a Comment